Study Guide To Crack NDA for Paper I & II
Being an exam of national importance, qualifying the NDA exam will not be easy. Candidates will require a solid NDA exam preparation strategy to ace this exam. The tips and tricks furnished below have been accumulated with the help of expert teachers, and interview bytes of the previous NDA toppers:
NDA Exam Preparation – Preparation Tips for Mathematics Section
The NDA exam consists of two separate papers (Mathematics & General Ability Test) and holds the weightage of a total of 900 marks. The mathematics question paper has multiple choice questions (MCQs) of a maximum of 300 marks. Here are some pivotal preparation tips to qualify the mathematics section of the NDA examination.
- Get a complete know-how of the NDA mathematics syllabus as prescribed by UPSC.
- The topics in the NDA mathematics exam are derived from the NCERT syllabus of class 10th to class 12th. Thus, candidates can refer to their secondary and senior secondary school level NCERT textbooks.
- Brush up your basic calculation skills by learning some smart tricks recommended by the experts. Consuming lesser time in calculations enables you to attempt more questions.
- Do not dig deep into concepts. Your major focus must be on the topics you have already studied in school.
- Once you have completed the syllabus, proceed to solve the previous years’ question papers. It will help you develop a better understanding of the exam pattern and the important mathematics topics for NDA exam preparation.
- Focus on both speed as well as accuracy. A good command over both these aspects will help you in performing up-to-the-mark in NDA mathematics exam.
Exam Pattern for NDA Paper I
The mathematics syllabus for NDA exam includes the topics from the following chapters.
- Matrices and Determinants
- Analytical Geometry of two and three dimensions
- Differential Calculus
- Integral Calculus and Differential Equations
- Vector Algebra
- Statistics and Probability
Exam Pattern for NDA Paper II
The General Ability Test (Paper-II) consists of two parts, i.e. English and General Knowledge. Both the parts of GAT contribute to a total of 600 marks out of overall 900. Candidates must follow the below-stated preparation tips during NDA exam preparation for General Ability Test.
NDA EXAM PREPARATION FOR GAT PART A – ENGLISH
- UPSC designs the English paper to evaluate the command of the candidate over the English language. Reading authentic English newspapers like ‘The Hindu’ and ‘The Asian Age’ will help aspirants in enhancing their vocabulary as well as grammar.
- Practise as many comprehensions as possible to solve this section with immense ease.
- Prepare for even the basic grammar rules as you can’t afford to make any minor mistakes while writing the exam.
- Practising the previous years’ question papers will help in enhancing the overall preparation of the English section of NDA exam.
NDA EXAM PREPARATION FOR GAT PART B – GENERAL KNOWLEDGE
- The GK section is termed as the toughest section of the NDA examination as it is vast in nature and there is no defined NDA syllabus for the same.
- Make it a habit to watch reliable news channels during your breaks to get acquainted with current national and international events.
- Source the best knowledge about the arsenals of all the three wings of Indian Army.
- Schedule a study plan, mark your calendar accordingly and follow the NDA exam preparation plan religiously.
- Refer to the NCERT books of class 8th to class 12th to prepare all the topics under Physics, Chemistry, General Science, Social Science and Geography.
- Subscribe to YouTube channels that are based on specialized NDA exam preparation to listen to the tips by experts.
- While preparing, make short notes for quick and easy revision of all the topics.
- Practice as many previous years’ question papers as possible. This will help you in analyzing the important topics that repeat from year to year.
Speak To Our NDA Expert & Book Your Demo Lecture Today.
Request to Call Back :