Study Abroad Intakes
Students, who want to study abroad, have the advantage of having multiple study abroad intakes. Even if a student misses one study abroad intake, he/she can apply for another one. This gives a great deal of freedom and opportunity to the students, who are looking to study abroad since they do not have to wait for an entire academic year just in case they miss their admission in a particular intake. This article provides information about study abroad intakes, which include fall intake, spring intake, summer intake, and various other details that a study abroad aspirant must know.
- No test required
- Affordable fees
- Certified Faculty
- New job opportunities
Study Abroad Intakes
Major study abroad intakes include Fall Intake (popularly known as the September Intake) and Spring Intake (popularly known as the January Intake). In addition, certain Universities also provide courses for Summer Intake. Students are usually confused about these intakes and when to start preparing for them. It is usually advised that the student start their study abroad application process at least 9-12 months before the intake they are aiming for. The reasons for such an early preparation include:
- Sufficient time to retake tests (if required).
- Sufficient time to arrange for finances.
- Sufficient time to plan for backup plans.
- Sufficient time to arrange documents.
Now that we have understood the overview of the Fall Intake, it is time to understand it in more detail. The points given below will help you understand the finer details of the Fall Intake:
- Fall Intake months are usually from September to December. Some Universities might also start their Fall Intake courses in the month of August.
- Fall Intake is the primary intake for almost all Universities across all countries.
- Almost all the courses are available in the Fall Intake.
- A large number of scholarships and internship opportunities are available for the students taking admission in the Fall Intake.
- There is a large number of applicants for this intake; hence, the acceptance rate is on the lower
- Students must start preparing at least 10-12 months before the beginning of the Fall Intake. The reason is that Indian students usually complete their undergraduate courses in the month of April/May/June. Thus, they have very less time to prepare for the Fall Intake. It is advised that if a student has decided to study abroad, he/she must begin the preparations well before the intended intake.
- Fall Intake deadline is towards the end of December (early January in certain cases).
- Major destinations for students, who wish to apply for Fall Intake, are the US, Canada, and the UK. The table given below provides details of all three countries with respect to the Fall Intake. Moreover, various Universities with Fall Intake have also been provided.
The following points will give you more details about the Spring Intake:
- Spring Intake Months are from January to May. In some places, if a course begins in the month of January, it is often called Winter Intake (Canada and the UK).
- It is usually considered a secondary intake and as an extension of the Fall Intake.
- The choice of courses is usually less. Moreover, certain Universities might not provide Spring Intake for popular courses.
- However, the major advantage of applying in Spring Intake is that students have more time to prepare for exams (such as GMAT, GRE, etc.) and their applications.
- Another advantage of Spring Intake is that the acceptance rate is higher due to less number of applications. Moreover, the class size will be smaller in the case of Spring Intake.
- If you are applying for January 2024 Spring Intake, January/February 2023 would be the ideal time to start your preparations.
Summer Intake is offered by a limited number of Universities for a limited number of courses. These courses are usually diplomas, language courses, etc. In the case of Canada and the UK, it is also called Spring Intake. The following points provide more details about the Summer Intake:
- Summer Intake months are usually May to August.
- There are a limited number of courses and Universities.
- The acceptance rate is high for Summer Intake.
Now that you are aware of the various study abroad intakes, make sure to choose your intake wisely as there are multiple factors that come into play, the most important of them being ‘time’. Students are advised not to waste their time by postponing their study abroad applications as they might miss the chance of getting selected for their dream college/university.
Admissions to study abroad are now being accepted for 2023. Get in touch with us for expert counselling at +91 9137211317 or visit www.ibopacademy.com For more Information regarding Study Abroad.
best Study abroad coaching centre in Mumbai | which coaching is best for Study abroad | best coaching institute for Study abroad | Study abroad coaching in Mumbai | best Study abroad classes in Mumbai | Study abroad classes in Mumbai | Study abroad coaching classes in Mumbai | Study abroad classes in Mumbai | top Study abroad coaching in Mumbai
Request to Call Back :